DISORDERS OF THE FACIAL SKELETON SHAPE
The deformities result in visible facial asymmetries, e.g.:
- one eye seems to be larger than the other (protruding)
- eyes and ears position is asymmetrical (one is more protruding than the other)
- the forehead may be bigger on one side
- the cheek looks fuller on one side
- sinuses may be asymmetrical
- jaw may be asymmetrical (it may need dental braces in the future)
The asymmetry of the skull can change the anatomy of skull structures.
Such changes of shape and size may affect among others:the brain, the eyes, the cheekbones, the sinuses, the forehead, the position of ears, jaw, and nose. Problem with chewing, eating, and seeing may occur as well.